Children in search of a BEE-rilliant, inspirational and experienced Sports Coach to make a difference to their future!
Bee Active are the areas leading sports coaching company, we are currently recruiting for both full-time and part-time positions to satisfy a surge in demand for our services. Our purpose is to inspire all children to participate in sport, exercise and physical activity and promote active and healthy lifestyle choices; be good role models and champions for change.
Bee Active value professionalism and positivity, we have an outstanding reputation locally and are looking for talented people to join our team and help us to spread the buzz. If you are ambitious, hard-working and want to make an impact on the lives of the children in our local communities, please read on…
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage your own time to plan and deliver high quality PE lessons and extra curricular activities for children in a variety of settings and schools.
- Communicate knowledge of National Curriculum for PE with other professionals.
- Lead a team at our Sports Holiday Clubs, ensuring Ofsted requirements are consistently met.
- Build strong relationships with children, schools and parents through incredible customer service.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all children is maintained at all times.
- Experience teaching or coaching in schools (preferably primary) for 12 months or more.
- Qualified to level 2 in a range of sports with a good knowledge of the KS1 & KS2 National Curriculum for PE.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of exciting physical activities, assessment methods, behaviour management and inclusion strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literate.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Most importantly… you must be happy, friendly and fun.
- Degree in sports coaching and development or similar.
- Level 2/3 certificate in supporting the delivery of school sport qualification or similar.
- Experience of working in a fast paced private sector environment.
- 40 hours per week (8:00-16:00 Monday-Friday). The role consists of visiting numerous sites around the locality but is based at offices in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Permanent contract £14,000 – £18,000 per annum
(part-time positions paid pro-rota)
- Access to company vehicles / insurance, flexible working hours and an annual training allowance may be offered to exceptional candidates. Uniform, computers and sports equipment required are all provided.
- Lots of over-time opportunities.
- All business mileage remunerated and overtime paid pro rata.
- Regular training opportunities provided (5 training days per year).
- Contract includes Holiday Pay and Statutory Sick Pay.
- 1 ‘free pass’ for family to use on Bee Active childcare services.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.